"Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular. But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness."
Robertson Davies.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mighty Big Fucking Week.

Here I am sitting in the new year, its January 10 2008.
I have a son.(see video below.)
I now have been hired on by the company I was temping for, and getting paid much better than a man with my limited education prolly deserves.
And we have to be moved out of this house by the end of the month.
Also Sarah And I got engaged last Saturday.

Our little man was born at 5:20 pm on January 7 (monday).
I woke up that morning at 10:00 am by Sarah saying that her back was killing her.
She seemed to be really uncomfortable and said that she wanted to go back to sleep but couldn't.
I asked her to call her doctor, after she put up some resistance she caved and called in, the doc told her to get to the office asap.
She drove us there and hit the cruise control whenever one of these "back pains" hit, these "back pains" were 4 minutes apart and lasted 2 mins.
When the doctor checked her out she said you are 6 cm and ready to deliver this baby.
She was in labor, had been since 7:30 in the morning.

We get into the delivery room and we wait for the epidural, and we wait...after 3 hours of this Sarah is pain and she asks her doc, "what the hell?"
She gets the Epidural and its not a fun thing to watch, firstly it seems that every anesthesiologist I have ever met has the warmth of a walk in freezer, and I imagine that epidurals are tough to deliver but all the rooting around back there with that needle looked like torture for Sarah.
Once she got it everything was good for her.
She was in active labor for a total of 40 minutes, she was amazing.
It was the opposite of everything I imagined, it was not gross or messy really, she wasn't cursing my name or screaming.
Epidurals are no joke Sarah said she only felt pressure.

Here we have the little one, Nikolai Never Chavarria, a strong healthy baby born with no complications and he came home with us yesterday.

While we were in the hospital I got a call from my manager at work letting me know I needed to come in and sign some stuff, I didn't know what it was but she sounded like it wasn't a bad thing so I went in and got offered a position at work doing the same work for slightly more pay and now with full benefits starting immediately.
Sarah got the same offer, she declined after much deliberation and I know it was hard for her, but she would have to cut her maternity leave a little short, and she was fairly convinced that getting back in there as a temp to hire would be just as easy if not easier than it was this time.
More as that develops, I'm sure her blog will go into her thoughts on that more.
And we still are looking for a place to live and move in before the end of the month, thats a pain in the ass we have only touched the surface of.

Also I have to say all of you kind friends and relatives out there who called or emailed or came by to the hospital, we love you guys it really showed us that we have some really awesome friends.
Thank you from the 3 of us.
more later.
video

No comments: