"Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular. But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness."
Robertson Davies.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Sick.

When you are coming down with the flu you shouldn't travel to a cold wet swamp,
So this past weekend I went to the armpit of Texas...Houston.
On the way there I picked up the flu and some apple juice also a dark chocolate snickers bar.
mmmmm the flu.
While there Sarah and I visited the galleria, now if you know me more than a little bit I love malls...no I actually love them like a journey song at 4 am when your in the car all by yourself, in an embarrassed sort of way.
That being said, I fucking hated the galleria.
And more importantly my blind Austinite hatred for Houston was solidified.
How can one be ghetto and stuck up?
Any way while at the galleria I learned that I am a squat boulder of human flesh that 'normal' clothing stores offer nothing that a 65 year old man wouldn't think is the bees knees style-wise you understand.
Is this why I hate the galleria, cause I'm a fatty...no.
Maybe its part of it, but not a large part.
I went to a place called House of Pies, a diner without the interesting people...or good food, and for sure terrible fucking pies.
Our waitress was sweet and 90.
We later went to papadauxs it was canjun seafood, and it seems whenever I crave seafood I regret giving in...and I never crave cajun food, ever.
The food was pricey, and weird.
I ordered something called crabfingers, while the appetizing name may lead you to think that yummy was about to ensue it was the seafood equivalent to hot wings, tiny, tiny hot wings.
Too much work for too little payoff.
All the while I was Robo'd and battling the spins and this horrible flu thing.
Well it seems that now my sneezes make me want to die cause my chest feels like its gonna collapse and catch fire so I think I'd better Robo up and lay down.
be good kids.

No comments: