"Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular. But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness."
Robertson Davies.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Confirming my 'Hater' status.

Ok, So my buddy Rob and his lovely wife 'Becca are moving back to Louisiana on Monday.
(I'm gonna miss them.)
To demonstrate how nice they are: they invited me and paid for the three of us to go to The OMWF sing along, now if you know me, I am not the most forgiving or patient of guys when it comes to people being jack asses.
Sure it's a short coming, and hell its gotten me fired from a few jobs...but I've never even once gone to 'the rocky horror picture show' for this exact reason.
I'm a cranky fucker.
As greatful as I am that they wanted to take me, no offense intended to them...Imagine going to see one of your favorite movies, not most favorite, but a favorite and the whole audience is talking thru the whole thing, singing to the songs in the background, speaking every line loud enough for the whole theater to hear.
My head almost came off.
I was born this way.
I felt like I was living for one night in the world from that horrendously stupid movie that Crispin Glover made where he was the only person not afflicted with downs syndrome in the whole world...like our one little couch was floating in a sea of...I think you get the idea.

Anyway, I realized today that drinking and singing don't mix...I never liked karaoke.
I think people who can sing should, and those of us who can't sing should wait til' we're alone and belt out whatever possesses us then.
Yelling ain't singing.

I hate to say this but the whole experience made me almost regret ever seeing a single episode of Buffy.
There I said it.
Now I have to find out if I still even like the show.
fock.
damn nerds.
Ni ta ma de. Tianxia suoyoude ren dou gai si
on the upside, 'Hot Fuzz' was friggin awesome.
I got to see it on Thursday.
nite kiddos.
bc3

No comments: