"Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular. But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness."
Robertson Davies.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Whats been up?

Right, so this past week has been eventful.


300
Drama.
The Host
Ray guns of awesome.
Unintentionally dirty comics(?).


So I had this 'grand' idea about car tripping out to San Antonio to see 300 on the Imax.





I don't know why I try to organize these types of trips, I always end up losing it at some point during the excursion.
I would make a crappy pioneer.



So we get to the theater and I have to beg for the tickets I actually paid for.
We get them and kill an hour before realizing that the enormous line forming to our right was the one we shoulda gotten in as soon as we got our tickets.
We eventually get in to the theater to find no seats but those we can wrangle by asking a herd of people to shift over to have 2 seats together, now that covers half our party...the only seats left in the whole place are the front row, a foot and a half from funny observational loud mouth moviegoer.
Hey guess who wouldn't shut up?
Luckily for us he was no match for the 12,000 watts of sound that were headphone close to our seats.
The movie, what I was conscious for, was amazing (in my opinion).
But then again I am very forgiving with movies, so I am told.
Thanx to Amanda and Josh for putting up with me at my near worst...yet again.
Over all, the Imax experience from the front row was like having my dream living room try to beat and rape me.

Now on to Drama:
It would seem I am the worst friend on the planet.
Terrible.
The hitler of best friends.
Why?
I'll tell ya:
I don't answer emails,sms-es,phone calls, smoke signals, semi fore, morse code, shortwave radio transmissions in a timely fashion if at all.
I think this is simply a case of maybe I'm sorta antisocial, maybe I felt some of those messages were rhetorical if not outright absurd questions.
Bottom line, I think we can all be flaky.
And at time even me, yes...I know I know...even I can be flaky.
Heres how it works: If you're not paying me to be somewhere at a certain time, wait for me somewhere you can enjoy being with or without me.
Shit comes up, I am scatterbrained...
I am not late for movies.
I just am not gonna stress my self out over hanging out with anyone...how is that fun?
Get over yourself.
I've gotten over me.
Hopefully this shit pans out, and I don't have euthanise yet another friendship.


Tuesday is movie night.

Thanks to Josh we got to see 'The Host' Sneak preview.
I loved the hell outta the movie even though there were some moments that
I could only assume were cultural references that had to be shrugged off, seeing as how subtitling has learned nothing from fan subbing like explaining things that would make no sense to american audiences.
I can't wait to see this movie again.
Then buy the dvd.

Now to wrap up I give some things to look at :


Thats right kiddo, those are ray guns.
Ray guns made by Weta.
Limited run of 500 each.
You got around $700 bucks to spare for just one?
I don't but if I did, shit I'd save up for all three.
Wanna know more about these awesome little guys?
Check out Dr. Grordbort's Infallible Aether Oscillators.


Sarah Stumbled across this blog the other day featuring some comic book moments like this one(its my favorite):



Later kiddos.
bc3

2 comments:

profwagstaff said...

Dude! Screw my trip! I'm spending all of my money of ray guns!!!

Hooliganyouth said...

Pioneers are junk-2-junk.